Funkhaus is the creative’s creative agency.
We work on high profile, international projects with clients involved in hospitality, film and commercial production, fashion, music, sports, and lifestyle.
Junior Graphic Designer
We’re looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our creative team. As an entry-level graphic designer, you’ll work in an open, collaborative, fast-paced environment where your design work will be recognized. This is a contract position for 3 months, with the potential for full-time work thereafter.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be supporting senior design staff and our content team in conceiving and producing social graphics, motion graphics packages, and other branded marketing content for the web and social media. If you’re a rubber stamp tool wizard in Photoshop, and you’re a master of social media, you’re probably a good fit!
At Funkhaus, we value openness, constant communication, a lack of ego, and a sense of humor. No matter your skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit. You thrive off feedback and understand that being open to constructive criticism is the fastest way to improve.
- Experience: A design background, with 1-2 years of creating digital graphics in a fast-paced environment
- You should be intimate with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (and bonus After Effects)
- A strong work ethic – resourcefulness and the ability to solve problems without guidance when needed
- A strong sense of ownership on assigned projects and follow-through on production
- Excellent organizational skills, an awareness of deadlines, and an attention to detail
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Willingness to accept and respond to feedback
- You’re willing to roll up the sleeves. We train our creatives (and all members of the team for that matter) in every aspect of the digital and print design process. Everything from content population for websites to photo re-touching to print production for business cards.
- Must be able to take a text outline of a deck and then design and source compelling and appropriate images to flesh it out.
- A sense of design humor
- Competitive compensation
- A relaxed work environment in the Arts District, close to excellent food, coffee, bars, etc.
- Dog-friendly office (with a pool on the roof!)
- Summer Fridays year-round
- A chance to challenge yourself creatively alongside a supportive team
The Fine Print:
- Funkhaus is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
- Applicants must be resident / legally eligible to work in the United States and reside in Los Angeles, CA – we do not pay for re-location. No visa sponsorship available for this position
- You must be able to work in our DTLA Arts District office between the hours of 9-6pm M-T and 9-3pm on Fridays (early quitting time!).
If you think you’re a fit, please send your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Graphic Designer” in the subject line!