Funkhaus is a digital creative agency working at the intersection of design, content, programming, and strategy. Founded in 2011, Funkhaus is the result of three partners coming together to deliver bespoke business solutions through the alchemy of technology, client services, and design.
Visual Designers at Funkhaus work across a wide range of design projects for all kinds of creative clients, from design driven websites for the world’s best filmmakers and production companies, identity and collateral pieces for boutique brands and businesses, to forward thinking e-commerce, apps and editorial website experiences.
Funkhaus is a small team, you’ll be working daily with the Creative Director and other designers in all aspects of the design process. From client kick-off meetings to design presentations and collaborating with our in-house design-driven development team; a Visual Designer at Funkhaus has great inter-personal skills, is a well rounded designer with a passion for web design and is excited to solve a design challenge and own the outcome.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working with the Creative Director and other senior design staff on commercial and in-house design projects. Websites, branding, identity, collateral and promotional pieces, social media content and ‘for fun’ projects. Most days are different and you’ll be challenged with real-life projects that actually get made.
We’d like to see:
- A healthy website design background: 2+ years of interactive experience, an intimate knowledge of industry tools, and a solid understanding of intuitive websites, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation. Funkhaus does a lot of varied work, but a lot of it is website design.
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team – you’ll need to do both here, so we want someone who can listen, learn and do as well as communicate and collaborate.
- A pragmatic approach to commercial design and respect for the iterative design process. We solve design problems for clients mostly so you have to be able to interpret their feedback into a good design solution.
- Attention to detail. You’ll have support, but Funkhaus cares about getting it right.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves. We train our creatives (and all members of the team for that matter) in every aspect of the digital and print design process. Everything from complex website design to photo re-touching to print production for business cards.
- A passion. Funkhaus is a tight group and really encourages individuals who have a thing they love to do to.
- Competitive compensation and healthcare
- A relaxed work environment in the Arts District, close to excellent food, coffee, bars, etc.
- Rooftop pool and gym (yes, it’s available 24/7)
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible work hours
- Summer Fridays year-round
- Guaranteed three-day weekend every month
- ‘Don-Draper’ afternoons. Any excuse to get out of the office and do something fun.
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- A chance to challenge yourself creatively alongside a supportive team, learn from experienced mentors and be an important part of a vibrant design studio.
- Learn about web best-practices from our in-house design-driven development team
The Fine Print:
- Funkhaus is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all our employees. We firmly believe that our work isn’t at its best unless all of our employees, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability have equal opportunities to do great work.
- Applicants must be resident / legally eligible to work in the United States and reside in Los Angeles, CA – we do not pay for re-location. No visa sponsorship available for this position.
- You must be able to work in our DTLA Arts District office.
If you think you’re a fit, please send your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com with “Visual Designer” in the subject line!