Funkhaus is a digital creative agency working at the intersection of strategy, design, content, and technology.
We got our start working with leaders in the entertainment world of Los Angeles, carrying the spirit of creative collaboration that defined our early successes through our work ever since. Today, we work across industries, creating, executing, and delivering world-class projects with a working class excellence.
Funkhaus is looking for a Creative Business Development Lead to actively support the continued growth of the company in partnership with a Founding Partner and the Head of Client Services.
If you’ve had proven success in a sales environment and want to combine that entrepreneurial spirit with a love of creativity and design, this is an opportunity to work alongside one of the agency’s partners and learn the ins and outs of running a creative studio. A good sales person needs to be intimate with the inner workings of the company, so expect to get your hands dirty with content management systems and client support functions as well.
- Work and report directly with Founding Partner and Head of Client Services to create new avenues of business for the company
- Generate your own list of leads based on independent research, engage relevant prospects in conversations, arrange meetings, write proposals, and follow up
- Use a CRM system to keep leads and contacts updated with relevant information
- Maintain and improve an asset repository including proposal templates, case studies, standard responses, agency capabilities, and client references
- Network throughout the community to increase awareness and generate leads, participate in industry events by creating a social calendar where you’ll be present on the behalf of Funkhaus
- Collaborate across teams to bring new marketing ideas to life and generate the sales collateral required
- You’ll be expected to meet or exceed targets
- Willingness to roll up your selves and do a little bit of everything in a growing agency
- Ideally 2-5 years experience in sales with experience in prospecting and proactive sales outreach (or relative agency experience)
- Desire/interest to be in a creative environment; a passion for design, creative, style
- Proactive, autonomous, entrepreneurial, and confident
- Desire to move up in the company and develop a career in the creative industry
- Excellent and relatable communicator with a sense of humor
- Target-driven and good with reporting + organization
- Competitive compensation, healthcare, and non-matching 401k
- A relaxed work environment in the Arts District, close to excellent food, coffee, bars, etc.
- Roof-top pool and gym
- Dog-friendly office
- Summer Fridays year-round
- Guaranteed three-day weekend every month
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- A chance to challenge yourself creatively alongside a supportive team, learn from experienced mentors, and be an important part of a vibrant creative studio that values employee entrepreneurialism
- Base (commensurate with experience) + Commission
If you think you’re a fit, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Creative Business Development Lead” in the subject line!
The Fine Print:
- Funkhaus is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all our employees. We firmly believe that our work isn’t at its best unless all of our employees, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability have equal opportunities to do great work.
- Applicants must be resident/legally eligible to work in the United States and reside in Los Angeles, CA – we do not pay for re-location. No visa sponsorship available for this position.
- You must be able to work in our DTLA Arts District office.
- International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.