Funkhaus is a digital creative agency working at the intersection of design, content, programming, and strategy.
Open Position – Digital Designer
A Senior Designer at Funkhaus will work across a wide range of design projects for all kinds of creative clients, from design driven websites for the world’s best filmmakers and production companies, identity and collateral pieces for boutique brands and businesses, to forward thinking e-commence, apps and editorial website experiences. We’re digital-first, so we’re looking for someone that has been in the trenches of web design, designing websites that push the envelope in creativity and user experience.
Funkhaus is a small team, and you’ll be working with the leadership group in all aspects of the design process and contributing to Funkhaus in ways that impact the agency’s own profile. A Senior Designer at Funkhaus has great inter-personal skills, a passion for web design and is excited to solve a design challenge and own the outcome.
We’d like to see:
- A solid website design background: 3+ years of website design experience in an agency environment, an intimate knowledge of industry tools, a solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation. Funkhaus does a lot of varied work, but a lot of it is website design.
- A personal passion for design outside of work – you live and breathe as a Creative.
- At least a curiosity for broader commercial visual design – whether that’s branding, typography, packaging, art direction.
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team – you’ll need to do both here, so we want someone who can listen, learn and do as well as communicate and collaborate.
- A pragmatic approach to commercial design and respect for the iterative design process. We solve design problems for clients mostly so you have to be able to interpret their feedback into a good design solution.
- Attention to detail. You’ll have support, but Funkhaus cares about getting it right.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves. We train our creatives (and all members of the team for that matter) in every aspect of the digital design process. Everything from complex website design to photo re-touching to print production for business cards.
- Healthcare and non-matching 401k
- A relaxed work environment (normally outside Covid-times) in the Arts District, close to excellent food, coffee, bars, etc.
- Rooftop pool and gym
- Dog-friendly office
- Summer Fridays year-round
- Guaranteed three-day weekend every month
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- A chance to challenge yourself creatively alongside a supportive team, learn from experienced mentors and be an important part of a vibrant creative studio that values employee entrepreneurialism.
The Fine Print:
- We’re working-from-home until vaccinated, but the hope is to be back working in the studio. At that point, it’ll be a hybrid in-office/at-home and we’d love to have you local, but it’s not a deal breaker.
- Funkhaus is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all our employees. We firmly believe that our work isn’t at its best unless all of our employees, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability have equal opportunities to do great work.
- Applicants must be resident / legally eligible to work in the United States and reside in Los Angeles, CA – we do not pay for re-location. No visa sponsorship available for this position.
- You must be able to work in our DTLA Arts District studio, eventually.
If you think you’re a fit, please send your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio to [email protected] with “Digital Designer” in the subject line!