We’re Looking for a Senior Copywriter
Funkhaus is a digital agency working at the intersection of strategy, design, content, and technology.
We got our start working with leaders in the entertainment world of Los Angeles, carrying the spirit of creative collaboration that defined our early successes through our work ever since. Today, we work across industries, creating, executing, and delivering world-class projects with a working class excellence.
Our rapidly growing content division is looking for a Senior Copywriter with a passion for writing, experience in interpreting and translating brand ethos into an external marketing strategy, and an appreciation for the relationship between copy and design. This person should be able to work alongside Creative Directors and Designers on both visual and written narrative, from brand books to website copy. Additionally, the Senior Copywriter will work to develop and support junior content creators’ copywriting skill set, and oversee quality of all copy produced by the department.
- Quality control of all copy produced by Funkhaus, both internal and external
- Copy-editing and oversight of editorial content from Junior Content Creators
- Writing blogs and editorial pieces, newsletters, and site text for banner clients
- Ability to write in-sync with an established company tone of voice
- Client-facing communication
- Working directly with clients to develop both internal and external brand story and strategy—from overall brand ethos to targeted content marketing
- Creative and copywriting for renaming and rebranding companies
- Spearheading internal communications including newsletters, Funkhaus content writing, and Funkhaus promotional activity
- Agency and marketing experience preferred
- Experience working with junior team members or freelancers to develop their copywriting skills
- Strong copywriting and copy editing abilities
- An appreciation for and understanding of the relationship between design and copy
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite, MailChimp, and WordPress or similar CMS
- Love of the Oxford comma, and other grammatical conventions
- A positive attitude and a passion for finding, telling, and creating compelling stories
- Healthcare and non-matching 401k
- A relaxed work environment in the Arts District, close to excellent food, coffee, bars, etc.
- Roof-top pool and gym
- Dog-friendly office
- Summer Fridays year-round
- Guaranteed three-day weekend every month
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- A chance to challenge yourself creatively alongside a supportive team, learn from experienced mentors and be an important part of a vibrant creative studio that values employee entrepreneurialism
If you think you’re a fit, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Copywriter” in the subject line!
The Fine Print:
- We have a hybrid in-office at-home schedule, but expect to be in the office on average 3+ days a week.
- Funkhaus is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all our employees. We firmly believe that our work isn’t at its best unless all of our employees, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability have equal opportunities to do great work.
- Applicants must be resident / legally eligible to work in the United States. No visa sponsorship available for this position.